XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit
XTT Assay Kit for easy cytotoxicity, cell viability and cell proliferation assay
- • Easier to use than MTT assay using soluble tetrazolium salt
- • Applicable to all types of cells
- • Counting of cells safely without radioactive isotopes
- • Small amount of cells can be measured accurately
- • No additional work is required, including the use of separate reagents or removal of media
- • Simultaneously available to do measurement and semi-automation of absorbance using ELISA reader
As the XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit using soluble tetrazolium salt is a system that can
easily measure the degree of living cells for drugs, it can be used more conveniently than MTT assay. The tetrazolium salt (XTT)
added to the medium is converted to the formazan dye by mitochondrial oxidoreductase which is active only in living cells. When
XTT is converted to formazan pigment, the color of the medium changes to orange, and this color difference is used to see effects
such as cell proliferation and cytotoxicity. The result is measured using an ELISA reader and can be determined by the difference in
the absorbance values measured at wavelengths of 450nm and 660nm, respectively. XTT analysis using fluorescent markers
provides a solution to identify multiple cell samples quickly and easily.
- 01Cell Viability, Proliferation & Function
- 02Cell Cytotoxicity
||5 ml × 5 bottle
Fig 1. Effect of different numbers of cells on color
Fig 2. Comparison of the cytotoxic activity (Triton X-100
on Vero cell) using by XTT Assay Kit with competitor.
- QI’ve used MTT assay kit difficult to use in floating cells, and it showed errors in the result after reaction by removing formazan crystal with the culture media. Is not there a good way?
- AWe recommend XTT Cell Proliferation Assay Kit. As it uses water soluble tetrazolium salt, so it doesn’t need to eliminate the culture media and to use organic solvents. Thus it is possible to measure the absorbance immediately and it would be a good solution.
- QHow do I store contents?
- APlease keep the contents free from light and store at -20℃ for freezing, and melt it as much as you need. XTT reagent should be completely dissolved at 37℃ to prevent crystallization before use.
- QExperiments are carried out using a 96-well plate, the medium which in wells at the edge is evaporated faster than the medium in the middle. In result, there are errors in the experimental data. What should I do?
- ADue to the characteristic of 96 well plate, the degree of evaporation of the medium may vary depend on the location of the well. Therefore, in order to minimize this, it is possible to suppress the evaporation of the medium by using the third sterilized water in the outermost wells.