LiliF® HALAL Real-time PCR Kit (Pork, MasterMix)
Products capable of qualitative testing targeting pig-derived nucleic acids in processed products containing pork and pork gelatin
• Porcine genes can be detected not only from pork but also from processed products containing pork fat and pork gelatin.
• Internal Positive Control (IPC) is added in the product to provide effective monitoring of PCR inhibitors
• A product with excellent detection performance by applying a material with high resistance to PCR inhibitors present in processed product extracts
• As a master mix type product, it can be applied to most real-time PCR equipment
LiliF® HALAL Real-time PCR Kit (Pork, Master mix) is a product that can effectively detect pig genes in processed products containing pork and pork gelatin. As materials with high resistance to PCR inhibitors are applied, excellent amplification performance can be confirmed for DNA extracts extracted from processed products, and PCR inhibitors can be monitored as Internal Positive Control (IPC) is added in the product. This product is a master mix type and can be applied to various real-time PCR equipment.
• The LiliF™ HALAL Real-time PCR Kit (Pork) is qualitative in vitro test for detection of Pork specific gene from all types of meat (or food) samples.
2X qPCR mix
Pork Detection Solution
560µl x 1 tube
280µl x 1 tube
|25µl x 3 tubes
|DNase/RNase Free Water
|1 ml x 1 tube
• As a result of verifying performance by applying DNA extracts by content (100% to 0.1%) of halal ham, beef, lard, and pork, it was not detected in beef or halal ham, but was effectively detected in samples containing pig components. I was able to check. Uniform IPC detection values can be confirmed in all test groups by applying a material with strong resistance to PCR inhibitors that may exist in the processed product.
Q : The detection signal is confirmed in the negative control test group.
A : First, non-specific reactions may occur due to environmental factors, so please clean and disinfect the surrounding equipment and experiment table in use.
If the target amplification signal is confirmed in the negative control solution (DNase/RNase free water) provided in the product, it is recommended to proceed with the test again because contamination occurred in the test is suspected.
Q : Target detection is confirmed, but the IPC amplified signal is not.
A : If the concentration of nucleic acid in the sample (extracted genomic DNA) is high, the reaction of IPC DNA-specific primers/probes may affect IPC detection due to the competitive reaction of PCR. If target detection is confirmed, even if the IPC amplification signal is not confirmed, the PCR worked normally, and it is okay to judge it as positive for the target gene. (However, if the IPC amplified signal is not confirmed even in the test results of the negative control solution provided in the product, contact the manufacturer.)
Q : Do I need to use a specific real-time PCR instrument to use that product?
A : This product is a master mix type product consisting of 2x qPCR mix and primer/probe mixture (Detection solution). Therefore, it is a product that can be used by dispensing into tubes compatible with real-time PCR, and can be used in most real-time PCR equipment.
Q : How is the pre-treatment of the test sample? Are there any DNA extraction products recommended by this product?
A : This product is a product that is detected using DNA extracted from processed products containing pork and pork gelatin, and a pretreatment process is essential. Our products suitable for pretreatment include G-spin™ Total DNA Extraction Mini Kit (Cat.No. 17045/17046) and automatic nucleic acid extraction system (Extraction equipment: Miracle–AutoXT Automated Nucleic Acid Extraction system, Cat No. IMC-NC15PLUS, Extraction reagent: AutoXT total gDNA Extraction Kit, Cat No. 17188-48/96) is available, and it is recommended to use that extraction product.